The outbreak of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19), caused by the novel (new) coronavirus strain (2019-nCoV), is causing concern for people in Canada. Aspiria would like to address and allay any uneasiness you may be feeling at this time; we’re here to help.
Canadian residents are encouraged to follow the advice of their local public health authorities and health care providers. The following news outlets and health organization websites are updated regularly, and we suggest checking them often for the most up-to-date and accurate information from leading authorities on this matter.
- Global News Canada lists the latest news on the virus here: https://globalnews.ca/tag/virus
- CNN provides live, daily updates here: https://edition.cnn.com/specials/asia/wuhan-coronavirus-intl-hnk
- British Columbia’s Centre for Disease Control provides information on the novel coronavirus here: www.bccdc.ca/about/news-stories/stories/2020/information-on-novel-coronavirus
- The Public Health Agency of Canada maintains an outbreak-update page here: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection.html
- The World Health Organization (WHO) has a page on the novel coronavirus here: https://www.who.int/emergencies/diseases/novel-coronavirus-2019